1) “To love at all is to be vulnerable. Love anything and your heart will be wrung and possibly broken. If you want to make sure of keeping it intact you must give it to no one, not even an animal. Wrap it carefully round with hobbies and little luxuries; avoid all entanglements. Lock it up safe in the casket or coffin of your selfishness. But in that casket, safe, dark, motionless, airless, it will change. It will not be broken; it will become unbreakable, impenetrable, irredeemable. To love is to be vulnerable.”
2) “Love is not blind; that is the last thing that it is. Love is bound; and the more it is bound the less it is blind.”
1) C.S. Lewis ~ The Four Loves
2) G.K Chesterton ~ Orthodoxy
1) Everyone who is seriously involved in the pursuit of science, becomes convinced that some spirit is manifest in the laws of the universe, one that is vastly superior to that of man.
2) The notion that science and spirituality are somehow mutually exclusive does a disservice to both.
1) “Were conditioned to seek only gain, to be happy, and to try to satisfy all our desires… But even though we may understand on some level that loss is a catalyst for growth, most people still believe it to be the opposite of gain and to be avoided at all costs”
2) “An unexpressed anger creates a breach in relationships that no amount of smiling can cross. It’s a secret. A lie. The compassionate response is one that keeps connections alive. It requires telling the truth. And telling the truth can be difficult, especially when the mind is stirred up by anger.”
3) Kobe Bryant… would have scoffed at the idea but he had grown, and the team had grown with him. “We’ve been through so many battles,” he said, “the trust naturally grows. The more wars you fight together the more you understand the people you’re in battle with.” One breath. One mind. One spirit.
— Quotes from Phil Jackson’s book “Eleven Rings: The Soul of Success” part 3
These ones are quotes Phil quotes.